A progressive dairy farmer in Lancashire has been using Axcelera-C to accelerate his weaning from 70 days to 40 days. In addition to the increased throughput of calves through the system, they are seeing:
- Reduction in Costs:
- Save approx £30 / calf
- Decrease in levels of Milk Powder used
- Decrease in medicines required for treatment of scours etc
- Switch from reliance on Starter Nuts to TMR mix
- Improvement in Animal Health and Condition
- Increased depth and capacity, seen already at 4 months old
- Increased size for age
- Increased initiative & energy
- Shiny coat and overall condition improved
- Reduced illness e.g Scours.
The key features of the Accelerated Weaning Program are:
1.Milk Program: Reduce the peak quantity of your existing milk program by 1 litre per day
2.After colostrum: Offer Axcelera-C ad lib up to a maximum of 700g per calf per day until day 50.
3.At 14 days: Introduce TMR mixed with your starter feed.
4.At 40 days or on intake: Wean the calves from liquid milk.
Calves should always have free access to water and straw.