ACCELERATE CALF PERFORMANCE
Save on rearing costs
Call 0800 915 6051 for more details, a free sample or an on-farm demonstration
With Axcelera-C, farmers are seeing:
1. Accelerated calves grow faster
2. Faster rumen development
3. Enables earlier weaning
4. Reduced nutritional scours
Easy to Use
Simply offer each calf 9kg of Axcelera-C in addition to the existing calf milk replacer from day 3 until weaning.
From day 3 for 3 weeks: Offer fresh Axcelera-C each day ad lib, as a replacement to starter feed
From 3 weeks until weaning: Offer 150g / head / day placed on top of starter feed
For group-housed calves: Mix 15% Axcelera-C fresh every day with your starter feed.
More from less at award winning dairy farm: Weaning at 35 days. Faster growing calves. Saving £14+ rearing costs per calf.
- Calves weaned at day 35 (compared to the farm’s norm of day 50)
- It saved them £14.29 per calf to use the Axcelera-C system
- The Axcelera-C calves were measured through to day 88, and were shown to be growing faster by 67g DLWG over the whole period (p=0.044) and 113g over the weaning period (p=0.02).
The highly palatable Axcelera-C enters and is digested in the rumen from day 3
Being a solid, Axcelera-C enters and is digested in the rumen, with a reduced risk of nutritional scours compared to increasing CMR intakes.
Unlike liquid milk, it enters and is digested directly in the rumen, accelerating its development from day 3. Trials show accelerated calves grow faster, show faster rumen development and can be weaned earlier, with reduced growth check at weaning. Incidence and severity of nutritional scours are also reduced.
Offer Axcelera-C in addition to the existing CMR programme
Axcelera-C complements any CMR program the farmer is using:
Axcelera-C enables farmers to add 150g/head/day extra intake of 40% lactose formulation.
- increase from 650g to 800g
- increase from 900g to 1050g
- increase from 1050g to 1200g
And thereby to narrow the gap between CMR-only route and nature’s model of at least 1000g of milk solids per day.